Hi Alexandre,

Personally I find the "indefinite loop" idea a bit of an anti-pattern. What
is very commonly done is that you start fping for each ping cycle. If you
want to do a measurement every 10 seconds, for example (which might involve
doing 20 pings to thousands of hosts), then you should start fping every 10
seconds. From a performance-point of view, it shouldn't matter, and from a
behavior/configuration management point of view, it is much easier.

Cheers
David