On Tue, 2018-06-19 at 12:49 +0200, Péter Gönczöl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to enroll and verify fingerprint images (bmp format,
> grayscale) with libfprint?
> I've been reading the API docs and fprint.h but every functionality
> I'd need appears to be hidden from the applications.
>
> It seems to me that the only option is to use the lib internal
> functionality like fp_async_verify_start() and do it manually. Did I
> miss something? Could you help me on how I should get started?
>
> Sorry if this is an amateur question, I'm new to native development.
> Thanks in advance!

We don't support it, we only support enrollment and verification from
an actual physical device.

If you really wanted the feature (it would be good to explain why
though), you could create a driver that can take images from the disk,
to enroll them.

This might be helpful, although the patch needs updating:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libfprint/libfprint/issues/44

Cheers