7. feb. 2021 17.20 skrev Gerard Berto <gerard.be...@e-nautia.com>:

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude E7270 with a fingerprint 0a5c:5834 with the name
"Broadcom 5880".

I know that for the moment, there is no driver for it, and I would like
to make this driver, but I've never done a driver on Linux.

I've found some links like
https://www.apriorit.com/dev-blog/195-simple-driver-for-linux-os to
create a driver, but it's not adapted for a fingerprint reader. Can you
give me some advises and documentation to create a fingerprint driver?

fprint works in userspace, and thus you need to implement the driver in (lib)fprint. So basically you should look there. If the unit is USB attached maybe looking at drivers like the uru4k and the likes can give you some pointers.

Best regards,
Martin Hejnfelt

(Re-sent with the mailing list in cc)