I think your variable/standard_file_name strategy will work fine so
long as all the versions for all the vendors are the same. As soon as
somebody adds or drops a feature, you'll probably have to go to
conditional text to control the differeing content in the chapter.

Art

On 1/17/06, Deb Hardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For those of you who distribute your source files to
> OEM partners, would you be willing to share the basics
> of how you prepare your Frame files for rebranding?
<snip>

> * For company name (and product names, if it becomes
> necessary), we'll create a user variable.
>
> * For the corporate logo that appears on our cover
> page and in our running footers, we'll give our file a
> generic name like "corp_logo.gif" and instruct the OEM
> partners to replace this file with their own similarly
> sized corporate logo.

<snip>

--
Art Campbell                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                             No disclaimers apply.