Hi Sindu,

I'd just like to add my voice to the chorus of people recommending IXgen. IXgen automates so many repetitive indexing tasks that I literally cannot imagine creating an index in a FrameMaker book without IXgen. I actually included the cost of IXgen as part of the FrameMaker package when I proposed a switch from our previous tool here at my current company.

Human review and manipulation of the index IXgen creates is absolutely necessary, of course, but IXgen includes many features that make these tasks much more efficient. In addition to generating index markers based on paragraph formats, character formats, keywords, and other elements, you can use IXgen to generate variations ("permutations") of each entry, split concatenated entries, and so on.

I'm not familiar with Index Professional, but I highly recommend IXgen.

Andrew Becraft
Senior Technical Writer
Singlestep Technologies

P: 206.838.7982