I had a small book I made in Aug 2005 which had distilled perfectly
until I added one blank page file to it in order to print it duplex
(and I updated the book, of course). Now the distller gives me this
report and quits without producing a PDF file (BTW, I also have the
"Generate Acrobat Data" set):

QUOTE: ********
Start Time: 10. mars 2006 at 10:56:02
Source: ERQ-R00.ps
Destination: S:\Manuals\EMR\EMRQ\ERQ-R00.pdf
Adobe PDF Settings: C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings\PDFA Draft.joboptions
%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
%%[Page: 1]%%
--- snipped ---
%%[Page: 21]%%
%%[LastPage]%%

<PDFA ISO="19005-1:DRAFT" COMPLIANT="false">

PDF/A Compliance Report

1.  Content

   [Violation] The F key in the Annot dictionary is missing or has an
invalid value.
      Page 3, Occurrences: 17
      Page 5, Occurrences: 1
      Page 6, Occurrences: 3
      Page 7, Occurrences: 3
      Page 8, Occurrences: 2
      Page 9, Occurrences: 1
      Page 10, Occurrences: 3
      Page 11, Occurrences: 2
      Page 12, Occurrences: 1
      Page 13, Occurrences: 1
      Page 14, Occurrences: 3
      Page 15, Occurrences: 2
      Page 16, Occurrences: 1
      Page 17, Occurrences: 1
      Page 18, Occurrences: 1
      Page 19, Occurrences: 1
      Page 20, Occurrences: 1

   Violations: The total found in this section was 44.

2.  Summary

   Warnings: The total found in this document was 0.
   Violations: The total found in this document was 44.

   This document does not pass PDF/A:DRAFT compliance checks.

</PDFA>

%%[ Warning: Did not pass PDF/A compliance tests.. No PDF file produced. ] %%
Distill Time: 1 seconds (00:00:01)
**** End of Job ****
UNQOUTE ********

What does this mean? I guess it has something to do with
cross-references to the last page page-count that I x-ref to the other
chapter pages, since the blank page was added after the TOC which
precedes the chapter files. Will I have to reset the Last page x-ref
marker and the x-refs in the footers of every master page of the
chapters, or is there another (and possibly easier) way out here?

I am in a bit of a tight spot here, as I am going on a leave on Tuesday.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson