Hi, Richard

Combs, Richard wrote:
Syed Zaeem Hosain wrote:
Hmmm ... I would be surprised if he is using a true "image" OCR program. I suspect a mis-speak! :)

Perhaps you're right. But in fact, there's no _other_ kind of OCR
program. OCR stands for "optical character recognition." It's the
process of converting an _image_ or _representation_ of a character into
the ASCII (or ANSI or UTF...) character that it appears to represent.

Yes, sorry, that is what I meant too. Meaning he is *not* doing a true
OCR from an image - just converting from the PDF file with some software
(like I do).

At least, I hope that is the case! Going to Word from a scanned-in
image (printed from the PDF) would be quite an unusual way to do this!

Pedants 'r Us :-)

:) :)