From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Steve Rickaby
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 2:39 AM
To: framers@FrameUsers.com
Subject: Re: Career advice--which application to focus on: FM or Word?

At 16:15 -0400 17/5/06, Ron Miller wrote:

>If I experiment with style changes, Word creates a new style like Body +
blue font + 6 pt line spacing. It handles numbered lists very poorly and it
is quirky and seems to lack any coherent use model. Frame on the other,
while not perfect (what software is) and certainly less intuitive at least
does what you want it to do and doesn't try to do so many things you wish it
wouldn't.

I think the key difference can be summed up by saying that Word takes a
lifetime to master to the degree at which it can be used to produce results
comparable to those that can be produced quite easily with Frame. It can be
done, but is it worth it?
--
Steve
I agree with John, tools are always changing, but that said, if you have
a choice, Frame is just so much more solid than Word. I've been working
on two projects recently. In one I'm in Word and I'm having the hardest
time just sticking to a template. If I experiment with style changes,
Word creates a new style like Body + blue font + 6 pt line spacing. It
handles numbered lists very poorly and it is quirky and seems to lack
any coherent use model. Frame on the other, while not perfect (what
software is) and certainly less intuitive at least does what you want it
to do and doesn't try to do so many things you wish it wouldn't.

Ron