From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of rebecca officer
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 8:03 AM
To: Framers@FrameUsers.com; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: What do you use for PDF Generation?

Good grief - that google search for "Documents and Settings\
filetype:pdf" has 14 million hits!! Is there anything you can do to stop
Word doing that when you print direct to Distiller?

Cheers, Rebecca

Dov Isaacs wrote:

>... By the way, when dealing with Wurd documents, even with
>PDF, be very careful that the "properties" don't migrate
>to the PDF file. When you use the PDFMaker facility of
>Acrobat some of that information in the Wurd document
>does make its way into the "Description" part of
>"Document Properties"  !!!!!

An Adobe Technical Note I saw a while ago had a similar recommendation
(=
turn off "Convert Document Information" in PDFMaker).

I disagree with this recommendation;  more in this month's Hmmm...,
http://www.microtype.com/Hmmm.html
("Why bother learning how to use a feature, if you can simply disable
it?")

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
Training, consulting & add-ons: FrameMaker, Structured FM and Acrobat