John,

For an M-space, type Esc SPACE m.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Hi, guys...I'm in FM7 and I need to include a wider than normal
space. The context is a commnd line interface command line and both I
and the developers want to make the required spaces in the command
line a little wider so they aren't missed.
The quick kludge I came up with was to create a character style
called "big-space" and make it the equiv of 18 pt, opposed to the 11
pt for a normnal space.

My first choise wouldbe to have a space equiv to an M-dash, maybe
called M-space?

Is there such as puppy?  How have you guys addressed this? One way I
know I don't want to do it is to change a color. Also, we use smart
spaces, so putting two spaces together is not an option.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"So long and thanks for all the fish."