I agree that this can "easily" be done in FrameScript (I think!), but
I have only recently had my company buy the thing and I haven't had
the time to study it much -- adapted a couple of scripts to my needs,
though.

In theory, I think the script has to address the element, seek
information about tabs and if the text after, say tab 1 is longer than
tab 2 minus tab 1 minus a couple of millimeters, then add a line brake
and a tab. Something like that. Or to set some information about this
in a reference page, somewhat like in TOC breaker, and have the script
read the information from there. I just don't know enough yet... :-(

Bodvar