Caroline Tabach wrote:
I have another question.
I asked about sharing chapter between a number of books
2 of these common chapters are Appendix chapters in 2 books, and regular
chapters in another.

In order for the ToC to work the way we want (the words Appendix B will
appear before the chapter name, instead of chapter 5), they have a
heading tag, called AppendixHeading, when they appear as a chapter, they
have a different heading style, and the words chapter appear before the
chapter name in the ToC

How can I make it all work?

Put two primary headings at the beginning of the file, one tagged as AppendixHeading and the other as ChapterHeading. Then create and apply condition tags to the same headings, and Show or Hide them as needed for each book.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith, 1908-2006
"The smartest export Canada ever sent to the United States."

Get Firefox!
http://tinyurl.com/8q9c5