There is only one super setting for a document: Format > Document >
Text Options,
but I've found that reducing the font size of the Register and TM both
makes it look better
and seems to float it up a little higher.

Also, a quick question... When you insert the R or whatever, you're
then applying the Super Character tag to it, correct? You need to both
insert it and format it; a two-step process.

Art