While we are on the topic, I noticed that there are different options for:
Format > Page Layout > Pagination > 1st Page Side
when you select the chapter in the book than when you select this menu option with the chapter open.
When the chapter is open, you only get Right and Left options.
When you select the file in the book, you get 2 additional options:
Read from File and Next Available.

Do the settings that you select when you select a file in the book override the setting when the book itself is open? It's also interesting that this menu option is not available when you select the top level of the book, only when you select one or more chapters in the book.

--
Regards,
Shmuel Wolfson

Trish Castin wrote:
I'm getting so frustrated now...  I've tried every trick I know to get my book to stop
putting extra pages in at the end of each chapter.  I have only L/R Master Pages, have
set every file to "Delete Extra Pages", etc.,  yet every time I regenerate my
TOC, they're back.  HELP????
Trish