Mary,

You wrote:

I recently upgraded to FM 7.2b144 (I'm running Windows XP). Yesterday I was
working in a document that is a single table. In using the Find feature to
locate various text strings, sometimes FM would highlight the exact text,
and sometimes it would stop in a cell above the cell containing the text.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and is a fix available? I looked on
adobe.com but didn't see anything on the downloads page.

If the FrameMaker file originated in Microsoft Word, try saving as MIF; open the MIF file, and save again as .fm.
Alternatively, try using Find backwards.

Not related to text searches, but a search for paragraph tags in a table is known to skip every other instance (Find backwards is of help here as well).

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers/Assistants
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Technical Indexing seminars