And in addition to John's accurate comments, do you want to bet your job and
company on the first release of a new product (Blaze)?

Or are you just talking about online help delivery with Flare?

Art

On 8/17/06, John Posada <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has anyone compared the functionality of Adobe Framemaker 7.2 with
> Madcap Software's (formerly Robohelp) Flare?
>
> I am trying to decide which one to go with for the
> documentation for my company. Framemaker seems to be the
> industry standard, but is Flare just as good? Any thoughts?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the FM functionality in the
Madcap product is, as of right now, still under very limited alpha
testing and has not even gone beta yet.

Besides, and again, correct me, but Madcap's FM-wannabe is going to
be called Blaze, and I don't know if that's even hit alpha yet.

So...if you are looking to implement something in the next couple of
quarters and want FM-type binary files, you're choice may be limited.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

--
Art Campbell                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            No disclaimers apply.