At 02:50 AM 8/22/2006, Egwin wrote:
I am using FrameMaker 7.2 on Windows XP Pro platform.
My XML document contains a metadatablock (=element) with 42 subelements.
I want this element to stay in my structure, but i won't see the element(s)
in my layout.
I have to keep this element in my structure because i need the possibility
to export the XML from FM.

Egwin,
  Possible approaches are:

1) If none of the 42 subelements can ever contain more than 255 characters, you can make them markers (possibly of a custom marker type called Metadata).

2) Make them conditional text that is hidden when you publish the document

3) Use the FDK to move them to a reference flow

4) Display them in white in a small font. Such characters still take up space. You can eliminate the visual effect by putting them in a table with a fixed row height, or by putting them in a text frame that is behind the frame with the visible characters.

        --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development, and training
[EMAIL PROTECTED]            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505 cell phone: (510) 421-2284