A few things ...

If you have doggie-droppings on your system from Acrobat 4
(i.e., you didn't COMPLETELY uninstall Acrobat 4 prior to
installing Acrobat 7), you definitely will have problems
with FrameMaker 7's "save as PDF" feature as well as other
integration of Acrobat with other system functions.

Furthermore, I believe FrameMaker 7.0 came out BEFORE
Acrobat 6. In Acrobat 6, the name of the PostScript printer
driver instance used by Acrobat changed to "Adobe PDF."
I believe that FrameMaker 7.1 was the first version of
FrameMaker to be compatible with that name change (affecting
Acrobat 6 and 7).

        - Dov