Hi Framers,

FYI, it turns out this problem had to do with a new
version of the antivirus SW we use combined with OS on
our file servers.  Note, not all files servers had
this problem (Windows OS did NOT).

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions.  One person
(can't recall who)-suggested this immediately.
Thanks again.

Colleen