From: Mike Wickham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 9:06 AM
To: Frame Users; Karen Story
Subject: Re: Do not send fonts to Adobe PDF: select?

> I'm confused about whether or not I should select the "Do not send
> fonts to "Adobe PDF"" check box in the Adobe PDF Document Properties >
> Adobe PDF Settings dialog box.

My understanding is that, for creating PDFs, you want to check this box.
Distiller is capable of finding the fonts installed on your computer without
having to pull them from the intermediate PostScript file. Distiller will, of
course, automatically embed the fonts in the PDF according to the settings in
Distiller. So there is no need to "send the fonts to Adobe PDF."
Distiller already knows where to look for them.

However, if you plan to send a .PS file to another computer for direct use or
processing into PDF, then you should uncheck the box so that the fonts embed in
the .PS file and will be sent along with it. It creates a bloated .PS file and
takes longer, but sometimes that is necessary.

Mike Wickham