Hi!

Well, I *finally* finished the new book for our next software release,
so I can justifiably turn my attention to getting myself into structured
docs.

I am not going to go with DITA just yet. My plan is to convert my
existing unstructured docs to structure first, and then start the next
round of docs in DITA. So, my first decision is what EDD to use. Should
I develop an EDD myself from scratch, or start with the DocBook EDD? My
only hesitation in using the DocBook EDD is that it will have a lot of
elements that I don't want to use.

Any advice, particularly from those who have gone the same route, would
be much appreciated.

As you probably know, I have many years experience in software
development, so developing my own EDD is not an issue.

Joe

TuVox, Inc.

19050 Pruneridge Avenue Suite 150, Cupertino, CA 95014-0715

Joe Malin

Technical Writer

(408)625.1623

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.tuvox.com

The views expressed in this document are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of TuVox, Inc.