Guy,

You wrote:

If I create a document in FrameMaker, and it contains some blocks of
sample code...

and the code indents blocks for readability...

and I want the reader to be able to copy from the code material and
paste into a Plain Old Text Editor...

is there any way you know of to do this in a manner that will retain the
indentions? ...

The only way that I know of is to embed the original code blocks (with the required tabs/spaces) as text file annotations in the PDF; these can be opened in Acrobat/Reader 6 or higher in the original form.

For more info/examples, see "Code Fragments: What You See vs. What You Get"
http://www.microtype.com/homeHmmm.html

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com
Training, consulting & add-ons: FrameMaker, Structured FM and Acrobat