From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
rs.com] On Behalf Of Steve Rickaby
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 9:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: framers@FrameUsers.com
Subject: Re: Disappearing text using Save As to PDF

At 14:27 +0100 13/10/06, Steve Rickaby wrote:

>Not an answer to Jessica's problem, exactly, but I'm seeing something
similar with graphics, also never seen before.

>I have a book that contains a lot of FrameMaker graphics. Without
exception, everything within the illustrations *except* the text does
not show up on screen, is not selectable, and does not show up on PDF.
The author's original PDF, done from PC FrameMaker, shows the graphical
objects as expected.

Ignore this: I've found the problem and fixed it. (Sorry Jessica).

Re. your problem, could it be a font issue? I've never worked with a
version of FrameMaker in which 'Save as PDF' worked, but I'd guess that
whatever it uses, and Distiller, could be looking at different
populations of fonts.

Or maybe 'Save as PDF' is just still broken in 7.2?

--
Steve
http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/david.shenton%40smit
hsdetection.com

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain
confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If
you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately
by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system
manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to
any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or
indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.