If your insertion point is inside the text flow when you paste, you will
get an anchored Frame.  But if you click outside the text frame, you get
another graphic frame with the same run-around properties as the
original you copied, and can place it as necessary.

And you can set run-around for _some_ anchored frames, but not for the
default "below current line" (or at top/bottom of column) anchoring
positions.  The other options (e.g., Run into Paragraph, at Insertion
Point, etc.) will permit you to control the run-around characteristics
for the anchored frame.

On Friday, December 08, 2006 12:22 PM, Steve Rickaby wrote:

| The solution is blissfully simple:
|
| . Create a multi-column master page (in my case, three) as
| required by the text layout.
|
| . On the body pages, use the graphic tool to draw the
| (static) frame for the graphic.
|
| . Right-click the graphic frame and select 'Runaround
| properties...' (this is the key step - for some reason, you
| cannot do this with an anchored frame).
|
| . Set runaround to 'run around bounding box'  (the other
| options are 'run around contour' and 'no runaround')
|
| . Import required graphic into frame
|
| The graphics frame can then be dragged around the page and
| resized and the text obligingly flows around it. However,
| maddeningly, if you copy and paste it, FrameMaker puts the
| pasted version into another verdammt anchored frame :-(
|
| Thanks to Art and Fred for their help.
|
| --
| Steve

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com