From: Art Campbell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:29 AM
To: Dodd, Frank J
Cc: framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: Re: Expanding fonts...

In maker.ini, do you have the WYSIWYG setting for printer fonts turned
on?
As in:

;
; Space characters within a line using printer font metrics.
;
; Adobe FrameMaker always uses printer font metrics to calculate where ;
linebreaks and pagebreaks occur. However, by default, the relative ;
position of each character within a line is displayed on the screen ;
using screen font metrics. This "looks" better on the screen but is ;
misleading in that the positions of characters within a line on a ;
printed page may be different than on a displayed page. In particular, ;
if you are trying to position a graphic relative to a character in a ;
line, you should change this setting to "On" which results in the ; the
use of printer font metrics when displaying lines.
;
DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics=ON

Art

On 1/15/07, Dodd, Frank J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When printing FM pages the fonts mysteriously expand on the page and
> will overlap/underlap inserted graphics.. Tried different printers
> with no luck.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Frank

Art Campbell                                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            No disclaimers apply.
                                    DoD 358