Indeed, FrameMaker's Table features are one of the most powerful and
reliable around.

The only times when I experienced "weird" behavior of tables was when I had
tables in FrameMaker which were imported from ...ahem... MS-Weird. But hey,
luckily we have the TableCleaner plug-in, which makes tables behave properly
again: Remove Custom Ruling & Shading > From All Tables in Document and
there you go.

For more information about TableCleaner:
http://www.frameexpert.com/plugins/tablecleaner/index.htm

--
Yves Barbion
Documentation Architect