Yes, you can do this with FrameScript. You would need to come up with a naming scheme for the new files you would create. With FrameScript, you can scan through all the documents in a book for tables and figures. When you find one, you create a new document, copy the table/figure to the new document, save the document, then insert a hypertext marker in place of the table/figure, using the name of the file.

Frank Elmore
Project leader for FrameScript

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dottie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Frame Users" <framers@lists.FrameUsers.com>; "Free Framers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:00 PM
Subject: Framescript capabalities

If this isn't the right list for this question please direct me elsewhere.

I'm looking into Framescript and want to know if it has the capabilities I need. I have a Frame book consisting of individual files. Nothing earth shattering. The book is print ready and now I want to do the following:

I want to strip out all the tables and figures and make them separate files. I then want to insert links into the frame files to "hyperlink" to these separate files.

So in essence, I would have files consisting of just text, with links to any figures and tables rather than having the figures and tables embedded in the Frame files.

Is this possible to do with Framescript?

Thank you,
Dottie Marsico

** To unsubscribe, send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] **
** with "unsubscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body. **