Hi Joanne...

This process may be different if your "structured" files were XML-sourced or structured FM binary files .. and if you still have the structured version or if it has already been flattened. I have some plugin code that processes cross-refs (to and from structure) that could probably be tweaked to do what you need .. it would depend on how much of the "link" still exists in the files. If its too far gone you may need to do some processing of MIF files to reconnect the broken references. If you're still in need of help with this feel free to send me an email off-list and we can talk more about what may be needed.

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.
www.leximation.com
+1.415.485.1892

That Darned Writer wrote:
Thanks, Art. As I wrote to Fred, we are grasping for anything at this point - there are so many now-broken references and (of course) little time. We do use IXGen here, so we can give that a try.

Art Campbell wrote:

I think Fred's comments are accurate, but if you do decide you want to
muck with markers, IXGen accomodates all types of FM markers, not just
index markers. So that would be my tool of choice...

Art