Hi, Bob:

The true oracles have spoken and have left you wanting.<G>

I'm not smart enough to give up, so I'd suggest that if using the two-template approach in FM doesn't fit your workflow - and text for hard-copy printing and markup is your primary requirement - you could consider exporting the text from the PDF using full Acrobat, and opening it in FM for reformatting and printing to hard copy as double-spaced copy.

Although you can export graphics from PDFs, it's a separate task, and the graphics are numbered arbitrarily, so manually connecting them to their appropriate explanatory text is likely to be prone to human error.

HTH

Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices

Bob Williams wrote:
Hi All,

This may be one of those 'Well, if I KNEW which menu and function this was -
I'd have already done it myself' questions, but...

Wondering HOW to simply double-space my PDF output doc (from a structured
Frame book) - so that our writers can more easily make mark ups on the
hardcopy. They write - we production wonks put their stuff into the frame
books. (We like it this way - less chances for them to screw up the frame
files.)

- NOTE: As our structured Frame books are driven by fairly complex
templates (customer provided and managed), I'd rather find a way to simply
double-space the PDF from Acrobat or Distiller(?) rather than trying to
monkey around in the template (ugh).  Or, is there a way in Frame that
before I generate my .PS files to Distiller, that I can selectively invoke a
double-spacing of the output?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this - (bowing lowly and
respectfully) oh great oracles of framemaker / acrobat / distiller knowledge
bits.

Regards all,

Bob Williams
Bristol RI, USA