Hmm .. that sounds like a bug. The idea with the Generate Output command is that it generates output from the "current" file (map or topic). If you have no file open, it *should* tell you that no file is open when you choose the Build button. I'm wondering if you have some document open invisibly and that's confusing things (I'll do some testing to see if I can get it to break). However, in the future, you should open a file first, then run the command.

...scott

Gyanesh Talwar wrote:
Thanks again Scott!

Yes, I've installed OT (properly or not-don't know) and sundry other
components... Apache... JDK .. Java Help etc and have made the changes
in system variables.

Apart from this, the files we need to copy in various locations...
DLLs ...ant sctips.. project.xml etc... and yes, Dita Options are
pointing to the right locations.

When I start Frame, I get the message that two of the (OT related)
components are loaded.

I am trying to generate output from the "ditafm.ditamap" file...
haven't created my own yet. The problem is if I have nothing open...
and just select "Generate Output" then also it crashes!

Anyway, as I mentioned... I am doing it all over again on my
colleagues PC. Hoping it will work this time.

Thanks for your patience! :)

Cheers,
Gyanesh