David Shaked (Wernick) wrote:

<snip>
6. Can I create a book of books? My idea is to create a "super-book" that I
can use for global operations such as find/replace or import-formats
throughout a documentation set. However, I must be careful not to
inadvertently change the page and chapter numbering or corrupt any XRefs
while doing this.

We offer a free plugin called ComboBook that builds a book from multiple books ..

   http://www.leximation.com/tools/info/combobook.php

...scott

Scott Prentice
Leximation, Inc.