----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Ridder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 2:46 PM
Subject: RE: deleting backup files

I know it's not an answer to the question you are asking, but my
advice would be to eliminate the .backup files from the outset by
turning off the "automatic backup on save" option.
I do recommend the "autosave" option, on the other hand. That
feature has saved my bacon on several occasions when FrameMaker
has exited unexpectedly.

The autosave feature scares me. I work out of a home office, and we have roaming cats. If one walks across a keyboard, it can add or delete all kinds of things in a document. Autosave will happily save the fouled up version. If you're away from the keyboard, it's possible for autosave to run more than once, overwriting even the .backup.fm file. I've made it a habit to hit Ctrl-S regularly, instead.

Mike Wickham