Wow. Thanks for the clarification. ...going to the back of the class
now...

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Ridder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 1:26 PM
To: Carol Wade; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: deleting backup files

You don't need the .backup to back out of an unwanted editing
change because right there in the File menu is the "Revert to last
saved" command, wich does exactly what it says and does not rely
on the the .backup file created by the "automatic backup" mode.

I can see where a global find and replace could be a case where
it might be necessary to use the .backup files to back out of the
change. But in my own workflow I tend to use variables for anything
that is likely to need to be changed globally, and variable changes
are easy to undo without reverting to an older version of the doc.

But it's important to note that manually reverting to the .backup
is actually taking you back to the version *before* your last save
because the .backup file is *not*a*backup* of the version you
saved. It's the file as it existed *prior*to* the last save. The only
time that this is what you really want to do is when you have
made *and*saved* some unwanted changes and need to revert
to the second previous saved version. The .backup file is always
one save behind the changes you have made, so you'll be throwing
out both the current changes and the last saved set of changes
if you revert to the .backup.

Fred Ridder

http://liveearth.msn.com