Dov has always been *very* emphatic in his warning to never have
multiple versions of any component of the Acrobat suite installed,
at least on Windows systems. I've never had reason to doubt this
advice, so I have never gone against it.

From: "Diane Gaskill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Framers (E-mail)" <framers@lists.frameusers.com>
Subject: Multiple versions of Acrobat on same system?
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 12:42:58 -0700

I've read several discussions on this list about multiple versions of FM
runing on the same system (it works). Can multiple versions of Acrobat also
run on the same system?  I recently installed Acrobat 7 on my system (XP2)
but did not uninstall Acrobat 5.  Acrobat 5 now displays an error message
and closes.

From the messages below, it sounds like the answer is no for Distiller, but
what about Acrobat itself?

Thanks,