Ragnar Hanas wrote:

Now a friend of me is trying to install FM6 on a new laptop with
XP Home but gets the error message "This program requires at least 3MB of
free virtual memory to run” as soon as she tries to run the installation CD.

I have a vague memory of running into this and it was something totally unexpected and unrelated to the error message, one of the system minimum requirements not being satisfied, like not having a PS printer installed, or the color settings on the video card were too low.

Go back to the box, read over the minimum requirements, and make sure this laptop meets all of them. In particular, check the video and make sure it's set for at least 256 colors.

Kenneth Benson
Pegasus Type, Inc.
www.pegtype.com