If the PowerPoint slide sections are contiguous, I would consider using Adobe Acrobat to combine multiple PDF files -- some produced from FrameMaker or Word; some produced from PowerPoint. All of the options for working with PowerPoint content in FrameMaker are problematic, especially if content will continue to be updated in PowerPoint. You can even add rudimentary headers/footers in Acrobat to handle the inevitable page numbering issues.

-Alan

Linda G. Gallagher wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone offered any options offlist. I'm talking to a
prospect about converting some Word docs that have lots of PPT slides
embedded in them to Frame. There are multiple books, totaling to over 1400
pages, with I don't even know how many slides in each doc, but there are
lots.

They are also constantly updating the content in both the slides and the
books that I'd convert, so I'm also wondering about a good way to do this.
Creating the PDFs and cropping them each time there's an update seems a bit
onerous.

I've also done some OLE with PPT and Frame, but it made the file load very
slowly and it was difficult to work in.
--
Alan Houser, President
Group Wellesley, Inc.