So Tina,

To get this right. You have opened the rtf file in a text editor, found the relevant footnote in the text and seen that it is positioned correctly. But when it is imported into FM8 it is moved to a more or less random location to within 5 places of the original location?

If that is the case, this is a pretty serious problem. Much of the work I do involves importing rtf files, mainly from Word.

Alan