However, plugins may make use of the console, and I believe that it will still open with this setting disabled. I find that the best thing to do is to leave it open. Once it is open, you can minimize it or let it go to the background and it won't pop to the front any more .. as long as you don't keep closing it, it shouldn't be much of a bother. :)

...scott

Rick Henkel wrote:
Flato, Gillian wrote:
Does anyone know how to make it so that the annoying FrameMaker console
doesn't open?

On the Preferences dialog box, clear the Show File Translation Errors check box.

Rick