Sam Beard wrote:
Stuart and Theresa,

   You don't have to turn off the smart quotes to type a regular quote
symbol. All you have to do is type Esc+Shift+" and this will put in a
regular quote symbol. I'm not sure that it will work in the Search
dialog box, though. You could still copy and paste it in, though, I
believe.

Thanks, Sam. I know, there is a keyboard shortcut for just about everything in FM (Yay, Frame Technologies!!). But I thought it would be good advice for Theresa to turn off smart quotes anyway, since doing so would prevent future accidental insertion of smart quotes in a document she was trying to rid of them.

best,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"On the contrary."
-- Henrik Ibsen (last words, after a nurse said he "seemed a little better.")