Brad Simmons ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) asked:

> 1. First, I've marked the two versions of my manual with two different
> colors. This is quite handy when I'm working with my file before I've
> printed it. However, when I went to make the .PDF, I was surprised to
> find that it preserved these colors in the PDF! I didn't want it to do
> that - I want my conditional text to look like regular text.
>
> First Question: Is there any way I can specify that the colors are
> viewed on the screen only, and not in the final outputted document?

To print (either hard copy or PDF) without colored conditions, you need
to globally set the files in the book to turn off the "Show Condition
Indicators" in the Show/Hide Conditional Text dialog. One way to do this
is to set it manually in one file and then use File>Import>Formats to
import *only* the Conditional Text Settings from that one file into all
the other files in the book. (You can also set up pair of otherwise empty
template files to alternately set the conditions to the colored, on-screen
view or the plain view for printing.

> 2. Second, I've specified a number of bulleted items as conditional
> text. FM had no problem making the text conditional, but it completely
> ignored the bullets themselves, and thus I have bullets hanging out on
> the page with no text after them. This looks pretty weird.
>
> Second question: Is there a way to specify to FM that the bullets have
> to be included with the conditional text?

The bullet (or autonumber) is a property of the paragraph and is therefore
"contained in" the end-of-paragraph symbol (which is only visible if you
have the View Text Symbols option turned on). When you conditionalize
an entire paragraph, you need toi conditionalize the *entire* paragraph,
including the non-printing end-of-paragraph character or else you will
still get the vertical space and any paragraph-level presentational items
such as a bullet or autonumbering graphic frame above or below even.
The easiest way to do this is to triple-click anywhere in the paragraph
to select the entire paragraph before applying the condition.

Fred Ridder

http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/purchase/trial.aspx?s_cid=wl_hotmailnews_______________________________________________