All,

Using Framemaker 7.2 with all updates/patches on Windows XP/SP2. I have
several hundred inherited FM files that I need to update. One of the
files is giving me that infamous error "although the < >.fm appears to
be an fm file, it cannot be opened with this version of Framemaker."
Since I am running 7.2, I am assuming that somehow it was created with
8.0.x (which is weird since the version of FM that I am running is what
my predecessor also used.)  Does anyone out there have FM 8.0 that would
be willing to open this file and save it as a .mif so that I can get it
converted to a 7.2 file? (I have tried that heroic open command but to
no avail either.)

TIA,

TVB

Tammy Van Boening
Senior Technical Writer
Health Language, Inc.
Office: +1 (303) 307-4400 x254
www.healthlanguage.com

NOTICE BY HEALTH LANGUAGE, INC.
This message, as well as any attached document, contains information from
Health Language, Inc. that is confidential.  The information is intended only
for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its
attachments is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.  If you have received
this message in error, please delete all electronic copies of this message and
its attachments, if any, destroy any hard copies you may have created, without
disclosing the contents, and notify the sender immediately.  Unless expressly
stated otherwise, nothing contained in this message should be construed as a
digital or electronic signature, nor is it intended to reflect an intention to
make an agreement by electronic means.