From: Emily Berk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 9:46 AM
To: Flato, Gillian; framers@lists.frameusers.com
Subject: RE: The dreaded Internal Error error meets the dreaded Adobe
support, sigh

Gee, everyone is recommending breathing as a good first step.  Maybe we
ought to write a self-help book about all the benefits.

Seriously, all the supportive responses have been very calming!

OK.  Here are my details:
11
System configuration

1.  I am using Frame 7.1.  I installed the p116 upgrade yesterday,
because one of the tech notes recommended it.  The upgrade made no
difference.

2.  I am using Acrobat Professional Version 7.0.9; Acrobat Distiller
7.0.7.

3.  The FrameMaker doc that is failing has existed in close to its
current form since late September.  I can still generate PDFs from Word
without a problem.

4.  MS Windows XP Version 2002, Service Pack 2

5.  Old, but not ancient Dell laptop.

I have been using essentially the same hardware/software system for the
past two years now, with not too many problems.  Have not intentionally
changed or upgraded anything in that time, but I note that when Frame
starts, it seems to go out to the Adobe site and look for updates.
(Guess I should try to disable that feature, huh?)

PDF Generation Process

I am an old-fashioned kind of gal, so in order to generate a PDF, I
routinely:

1.  Re-generate the document.
2.  Run Page-Labeler to re-paginate.
3.  File, Print Book, Printer: Adobe PDF, Generate Acrobat Data (check
the PDF Setup properties), Print.

When this resulted in the scary Internal Error, I did try File, Save As,
etc., which also resulted in the scary Internal Error.

After this, I tried pre-opening a variety of the documents in the book
before attempting to generate the PDF.  Same error.

I also tried to generate other books from my backup drive, ones that had
always worked previously.  Every document or book I tried to create as a
PDF from Frame resulted in the same internal error. (Internal Error:
7104, 6063074, 7693891, 0)

I rebooted between tries.

Some excerpts from the log files resulting from the crashes:

Internal Error: 7104, 6063074, 7693891, 0
FrameMaker 7.1.0 for Intel
Build: 7.1p116
Window System: MSWindows
Operating System: Windows NT 5.1 (major.minor.build: 5.1.2600 Service
Pack 2)
Generated on: Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:27:11 PM
To file: c:\program
files\adobe\framemaker7.1\FrameLog_08.01.10_15.27.11.txt

Internal Error: 7104, 6063074, 7693891, 0
FrameMaker 7.1.0 for Intel
Build: 7.1p116
Window System: MSWindows
Operating System: Windows NT 5.1 (major.minor.build: 5.1.2600 Service
Pack 2)
Generated on: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:25:55 PM
To file: c:\program
files\adobe\framemaker7.1\FrameLog_08.01.10_14.25.55.txt

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

-- Emily

At 09:10 AM 1/11/2008, Flato, Gillian wrote:
>Emily,
>
>Take a deep, cleansing, breath.
>
>Now, tell us the following:
>
>1. What happens right before you get the internal error?
>2. What 3rd-party plugins do you have for Frame?
>3. What kind of system are you using Frame on?
>4. How did you generate your PDF
>        a. Save as PDF
>        b. Print to PDF
>        c. Print to file, then Distill