Thanks to all who replied regarding my missing fonts problem. The answer was a
Jakob Schäffer suggested below; as soon as I added C:\PSFONTS to the
Distiller font locations (i.e. pointing to the PFB file) the problem went away.

Thanks also to Fred Ridder for a warning regarding use of ATM Lite with Windows
XP. I've now removed it.

BTW, I was fairly sure it was not a font licensing issue, because Distiller in
that case issues a more specific message: "font cannot be embedded
because of licensing restrictions" or something similar.

Regards,

Roger

<This error occurs when the Distiller setting "When embedding fails" is set to
"Cancel job" *and* Distiller cannot find the .PFB file.

Your Distiller Font locations points to C:\PSFONTS\PFM. Traditionally Adobe
Type Manager is NOT storing .PFB files in this folder, but rather in the
C:\PSFONTS folder. Hence, check the specific location for the .PFB file and add
that folder to your Distiller font locations.

Roger Shuttleworth

Technical Publications

TVWorks Canada, Inc.

150 Dufferin Avenue