When you paste a slide from PowerPoint into FrameMaker, it will be
inserted as an OLE object (Object Linking and Embedding). And sometimes,
OLE objects don't behave well.

As Pete said, you may want to export your slides as png files and import
those by reference into FrameMaker. Or you can create a PDF file of the
PowerPoint Presentation and import the pages of this PDF into FrameMaker.

Good luck.

Yves Barbion
Managing Director
Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor