Jim Owens wrote:
> I've just tested this. For what it's worth, if your Figure Titles are
> not in anchored frames in the main flow (for example, if you've placed
> them in graphics frames containing text frames for the captions, or in
> text frames containing anchored frames for the graphics), the
> autonumbering isn't incremented from one frame to the next unless you
> manually link the frames into a flow.

Correct, and perfectly logical if you think about it. How can Frame apply
autonumbering in a logical way except within the context of a single
text flow?  This is my bet for the root cause of Jim P's problem since
most of the other possibilities have been eliminated already.

-FR

Pack up or back up–use SkyDrive to transfer files or keep extra copies. Learn
how.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008