I couldn't think of good terms for searching for this answer using
Google -- suggestions are welcome...

I'm in Frame 7.2 on Windows. When I want to import, say, one paragraph
format from another FrameMaker file into the one I'm working in, I go
File > Import > Formats and then select Paragraph Formats, importing
*all* the paragraph formats from that other file.

Is there a way (including scripts, plugins, etc.) of importing only
the one that I want?

--
Milan Davidovic
http://altmilan.blogspot.com