Yes, that big black T confounds me.

I went to the broken cross reference, clicked on it, and it opened the
title page and displayed, via the dialog box, that it knew exactly
where it was supposed to go to find its source.  So the cross
reference knows what its source is, and the source is there, patiently
waiting, but updating the book doesn't seem to get these two piece to
work, without that black T.

I think there are several things going on that I haven't quite sorted out.

But I've gotten good advice here so far, so I'll keep coming back!

Deirdre