If you use a 10-key a lot, why not use an external so you can go with
a smaller laptop?
Looks as if there are lots of options, including some that include a mouse...

Such as:
http://www.provantage.com/scripts/search.dll?QUERY=USB+numeric+keypad&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

Art

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Rene Stephenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks, Peter. I was one of the daring few who jumped into the first version
> of the then newly available laptop dual core Intel chipset. Unfortunately,
> that chipset was discontinued after 6 weeks' production due to lack of
> support for power save features. If I had been more cunning, I would have
> negotiated a restock at the time. This idiosyncrasy has been the bane of my
> laptop usage...well, that and the fact that the battery doesn't last more
> than an hour or so. The video card is dedicated, but it also generates a TON
> of heat, and there have been a host of problems cropping up with that heat at
> the root of the issue. Plus, it doesn't help that it has been dropped and
> slung onto the floorboard due to sudden stops in traffic a few times.  :-\
> So, I think I'd have to rebuild from the motherboard and graphics card all
> the way up.
>
> I am heavily reliant on 10-key, so I'm afraid that forces me into looking at
> laptops with 17" screens...but I just hate having that size...almost a
> luggable, really.
>
> I'm hearing Parallels and other solutions for Mac are the workaround for FM
> dependency; and SPARC+Solaris is the non-PC environment for FM. I would be
> fine without the Windows security updates. I keep auto-update disabled anyway
> and let my IT guru selectively install the ones that are truly needed and
> proven not to be a Pandora's box. (Color me paranoid, but I once lost too
> much time with a Windows update that interfered with stuff right before a
> deadline.)
>

> Rene L. Stephenson

Art Campbell [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 No disclaimers apply.