I had similar error messages with Frame files with OLE links to Excel
spreadsheets, but mostly randomly--sometimes I had the Excel file open by
mistake, and that might have triggered it, I'm not sure. I could never find
the exact cause. Was running Frame 7.1 on XP, SP2.

A colleague told me she got those errors all the time (same OLE links to
Excel files). She's going to be upgrading to Frame 8, but she's getting a
new computer as well, so there are too many variables there to narrow down
one cause if it ends up fixing her problem.

Have upgraded to Frame 8, still XP, SP2. Haven't had it that long, but I
haven't had any error messages so far. Doesn't mean that the upgrade fixed
the problem, though.

Using PDF's or graphics isn't a good fix for me, because we're linking to
parts lists that appear in the product manual and a separate parts book for
the entire product line. The advantage of OLE links to the Excel files is
that it's always linked to the latest and greatest version.

So thanks for the heads-up about SP3. I don't know if our IS dept. will be
rolling that out soon or not. Fortunately, I don't believe there are any
imminent plans to upgrade us to Vista.

-Lise