Hi Darren,

yes, you can generate standalone TOCs and import them by reference into a
chapter, but you'll have to update and check each chapter individually each
time you add, remove or change titles in that chapter.

Like Art said the ChapterTOC Framescript is the easiest but also the best
solution. You can even run it on complete FM books.

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion • Managing Director Scripto • Adobe-Certified FrameMaker
Instructor